Summer. I feel like the spring was a total blur with the end of school for my girls and their activities, end-of-year performances, and a trip to Ottawa and Montreal for a family reunion to celebrate my grandmother’s 95th birthday. This was a special trip because of the birthday of course, but I also had time to take my girls to see where I was born and grew up as a young child. I took them to see my first and second home, my elementary school, and they even had time to play in the park where I spent much of my time as a little one.
It’s strange to go to my hometown because even after living on the west coast for many years, I still feel like I’m home when I visit Montreal. Despite living in BC for more years than I did in Montreal, BC has never really felt like my true home. There is something comforting and heartwarming about visiting the place you were born, especially with your family.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted about my latest favorite products, so without further adieu…
1. The Invisibobble. These hair elastics are the bomb. No damage to your hair, and they actually stay in place during high-impact sports like running and HIIT workouts. With heavy long hair, I always struggled with pain from my hair bouncing around in a regular elastic – that is, if they didn’t break while working out. Seriously, try these out. The “Power” version is best for exercise.
2. Emmalise Long Tanks. I’m not sure why, but ever since having kids I’ve liked to wear longer tanks under some knit shirts or with leggings. I found that most longer tanks either shrink in length in the wash, or were never all that long to begin with. These Emmalise tanks are nice and long, not too thick, don’t shrink, and are available in so many colors. Best part? They are on Amazon (score!) and cost only $7-$9 depending on color.
3. Ampersand Avenue’s DoubleHood Sweatshirt at Mindy Mae’s. My favorite sweatshirt ever. Cute, cozy, and longer in the arms and overall length than the average sweatshirt. So many colors and patterns, and a good range of sizes from X-small to XXX. (I also love how Mindy Mae’s uses a variety of models of different body types to show fit!)
4. Crckt Lunch Kit. It’s early for back-to-school stuff, but I loved these Crckt lunch kits from Target so much that I’ve already bought one for my youngest. They come in a variety of styles for boys and girls, and we loved this unicorn design.
5. NYX Butter Gloss. My new favorite lip gloss (in Eclair) – it’s not sticky, doesn’t have a weird taste, has decent shine, and the colors are great. I’m finding that my makeup bag is becoming more and more NYX dominant lately. Their products are made well and the price point is awesome. I’ve found many of their products to be just as good or even better than some of the expensive Sephora brands I’ve used in the past.
8. Ban.do Pineapple Cocktail Shaker. I have an obsession with pineapples lately, and this shaker is so much more exciting than the usual chrome or stainless models. (By the way, do you follow Ban.do’s founder Jen Gotch on Instagram? She is absolutely hilarious, and I love her Instagram Lives.)
9. Sweetly Elite Pale Gold Cake Glitter. Oh the treats you could make with this cake glitter! And the glitter is edible (wow)! This Etsy shop offers cake glitter in a variety of colors and lots of other cake decor products.